Fun with Blocks

Hey crafty friends!  Chauntelle here to share with you my first memory making craft project of 2014!!  My "little-big boy" will be graduating from high school this year!!  Oh my, where does the time go!??  I am super excited for him yet saddened at the same to for he is my last child and will soon become a young "independent" man! O well, guess its time to put that passport to good use, heehee.  Anywho, back to my project.  I used this awesome file from The Cutting Cafe to create this Fun with Blocks picture display to hold lots of pics of my son throughout his four years of high school!!  He's school colors are black and gold so that where the color come into play.

Here's the front view displaying his graduation year.

Here's a view from above!! 
To support the weight on either side of the display stand I used tiny ribbon spools and glued them to the base.  For an added accent I cut 1/2 circles in yellow, added letters and numbers to spell out his basketball name and number "Lee23".

This cute little cap I fussy cut out of the School Days paper collection from DCWV added some string for the tassel and a rhinestone brad to the middle.  I glittered it up so it would stand out!  I just love how it turned out!!

As I continue to fish thorough pictures of him I will add more to fill each cube.  I also want to add a few pictures from his graduation pictures but I just haven't pulled them together yet.  This will be a fun little added something to remember him and his high school days for years to come!!

Here's the video:



Thank you so very much for stopping by  today!!  Leave me some comment, I'd love to read what you think of it!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Season for Gift Giving

All Pinned UP

Issa Blog HOP - The Cutting Cafe