Something like a "Coo-kie Mons-ter"!

Hahaha, hey there!  Chauntelle here!  Loving the title of this post and still laughing as I type this text because I am a F*A*N of Cookie Monster from Sesame Street!!  He is my guy!!  hahaha

Anywho, I think I'm good now so on to my project for this 7th day of March for The Cutting Cafe!!  Today also happens to be my baby sister's birthday!!  She's a big girl now (in her 30's but still my "baby sister"!!  So, here's a quick HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISSY shout out to her!!

Today's project I used the Cookie Jar Cutting File to create this cute card for my mother (whose like my friend) for her birthday on the 14th of this month....soooo.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOMMY too!! woot woot!!

So, I tried using a new product I received in a monthly kit I order called Nuvo Mousse.  It seems easy enough to apply and is suppose to make your project glimmer.....I don't see it!  :o)  Nonetheless, I trucked on!!
Here's a close up so you can see.  I covered the sentiment with the mousse but all I can see is it covered parts of my letters (I used a dry cloth to try and rub it off) which doesn't look bad, its "artsy"...lol...so I went with it!

The sentiment also comes with the set without the "birthday"; I simply typed that out and cropped it into place.  I fussy cut around the letters and adhered it to the front of the card, popped up.

Here's a full view of the card:

I print and cut the stack of cookies (which comes with the file) and layered them on the front panel, then I added a piece of vellum to the checkered trim and placed that on top of the cookies!!  Looks like a frosted cookie jar in real-life!!

I am loving this project and know my mother will love it too!!  I'm working on my sister's card, she's away celebrating so to receive it late won't matter!  LOL....oh to be in my 30's again!!

Well, thank you all for stopping by today and don't forget to head on over to The Cutting Cafe blog to check out all the awesome project the design team has created!! 

Until we blog again......happy crafting!!

Chauntelle

Comments

Regina Easter said…
hey lady, i love your shaped cookie jar....and the colors are so different...love this girl...hugs
Sharon said…
Love your card, perfect for a birthday card. We all LOVE cookies!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Season for Gift Giving

All Pinned UP

Issa Blog HOP - The Cutting Cafe