Peace, Love & JOY!!

Hey there!!  Its inspiration time!! I'm back with my design team project for The Cutting Cafe this 7th day of December!!  This week we were able to play with shaker files!!  I was super excited to create my project this week and could not wait to share it with you all!!

I used the Christmas Word Shakers file to create my photo box frame turned room decor for the holidays.  I picked this frame up at Ikea a few months ago and thought it would be perfect for this project.


I filled the shaker with some styrofoam snowflakes from The Dollar Tree.  The white flower trim came from Hobby Lobby in their clearance bin....I had just enough to cover the frame!!  Whew!! I really love this trim too, its three rows of little tiny flowers!  Love it!  The poinsettia is from Micheals' and I just added a few leaves for accent; some red beaded trim finished off the front!!  


The word "JOY" inside the frame is actually the negative from the cut out.  What did I do with the actually letters that cut you ask...??!! 

I made an ornament!!!  Two for one!!  Bam!!

Here I cut out the word Joy(only) five times, layered it up on this sparkly designer paper, added two holes: one for the string to hang it the other to add some embellishments.  All the embellishments I had on-hand already; the crystal pieces I picked up at the flea market over the summer....last year...the jingle bells are from my stash and the heart topped bell is from a wedding I attended earlier this year but could not leave behind!!  I knew I'd find a use for it!! heehee


So excited I was able to make something that I will be able to use over and over again for years to come AND I only had to cut ONE file!!  That's the joy of it all...pun intended!  heehee

Thank you so very much for stopping by today and checking out my project this week!!  I hope you have been inspired!!  Until next time.....

Blessings & Craft Happiness!!

Chauntelle

Comments

Regina Easter said…
Girl this is beyond awesome. Wow wow
Lisa Minckler said…
Hahaha...your post was so much fun to read and the pun was great! ;) I absolutely love that you thought so out of the box (but really used a box frame) and made not one but TWO projects and they are both FABULOUS!!! Love, love, LOVE them!!
hugs to you,
Lisa x
LauraEva said…
Gorgeous projects---just gorgeous!
Tina Goodwin said…
I love what you did with this! Your frame and ornament are beautiful!
Angeline Choo said…
Oh wow .. I love that frame !!!

Popular posts from this blog

Season for Gift Giving

All Pinned UP

Issa Blog HOP - The Cutting Cafe